Internal or intrinsic motivation is the ability to self-motivate. There is usually a focus on achieving personal goals. Those individuals who can motivate themselves are typically more committed and goal-focused. Self Motivation combines optimism, drive, initiative, commitment, and perseverance to achieve success that goes past money or recognition.
- Displays action to motivate others through own efforts
- Sets achievable yet challenging goals
- Shows high energy to complete boring tasks
- Recovers quickly from set-backs
- Eager to tackle opportunities
- Looks at failures objectively
- Makes personal sacrifices to meet goals
- Shows the ability to change when current methods do not work
- Always strives to improve performance
- Driven to meet standards and objectives
- Motivated by hope for success instead of fear of failure
Please consider improving your Self Motivation by taking an Online Emotional Intelligence Training Course.